Wednesday, October 18

Give me justice...

I really am offended today. I feel that there is no justice in this world anymore. It is a sad sad day in the history of the world of blogs, my dear friends... A sad sad day.

The reason is THIS.

Go visit it first.

Have you seen the photos of the flowers? Those blue bonnety flowers? What about the loooongg list of ingredients for all those recipes? and the Photos that taunt you if you are a poor hungry soul gawking at them at the middle of the night. I am sure these must not be revolting to you. On the contrary, any of the fairer sex out there might have quite enjoyed the flowers. And the desis abound would be copy-pasting those recipes (if they have the taste). Which is why I repeat again... Give me justice!!!

For, ladies and gentlemen, that very blog belongs to my loving , caring, doting elder sister. "Oh really? How nice yaar!" "Abe, Didi ka blog hai... sahi hai be..." ... Arrgghhh...

I spend over a year carefully manipulating and scheming on my blog. A selective assortment of posts interspersed with humour, memories and of course some sensitive moments (According to m, this should be more often). I scheme and plot, design and deploy, ponder and write... I even design (proudly so!) my own blog template with Fantabulous Calvin and the Incorrigble Hobbes as the theme characters (A duo that everyone loves to love). By doing all this jugglery and trickery, I manage to garner a select group of readers (thank you guys! **sniff sniff**) and somehow make my blog counter touch the higher side of 2000.

And here, this sister of mine... starts her blog this late summer. Writes about recipes and only recipes (there is one about some blue-coloured hat-shaped flowers too). Has listed god-knows-how-many similar recipe-crazy blogger friends of hers! (if any of you are reading this, I am just bashing her blog... Welcome to mine. :D, Do read. Comment. Repeat.)

And by doing all this, not only does she have a group of foodloggers... ahaa, nice word--> see, In how many foodlogs would you find an instantaneous contribution to her majesty's language? ... Like I was saying, not only does she have a group of foodloggers who visit regularly and start chirping "Oh... What a nice recipe!!! I'll surely try this out" ... "I had the same recipe book, but its collecting dust. I'll dig out that recipe and add some of that dust and kitchen grime as flavouring" ... "I had tried a similar sambhar when I was desperately short of anything better to make. But I had reduced 0.0000000001 grammes of tamarind and added 0.0000002 grammes of fenugreek as seasoning. I will surely try ur suggestion of toning down on the tamarind a little more!"

And you know what? They actually go and do it! Now who in god's name would actually sit and go through those gazillion foodlogs (don't believe the gazillion, go see the list on the side of my sis's blog) and make those dishes with those recommended changes take pictures and acknowledge the original author. As in, I really wonder what must go on in their minds....
Here I am ..... slicing & dicing ... dicing & slicing the spring onions when..... OOPS! A whole bunch of salted turnips meant for the sabzi finds its way into the perfectly simmering sambhar..... eeks! what will I do?? My foodlogger friends will think I am useless! They'll say I drop turnips into sambhars!... I'll be 'nipslip' for the rest of my foodlogging days!!! waaahhh!!... Wait a sec, So what if its stinks of salted turnips, my tamarind and fenugreek levels are that recommended by H. I'll filter out the turnip pieces, take a few snaps and post it. No one can 'see' an extra can of salt in it. And, now that I have tried her recipe, H will be bound till eternity to visit my blog and comment on it!! Buhahahahahahha....


Common ladies! Are there really so many of you out there who complain of not having time to cook as you work late but nevertheless you have time to go through all these blogs before cooking to find out which recipe is fast to cook and maintains your cholesterol levels? Do you really need a flower listing blog to cheer you up in those morose grey settings outside our country? Is this really happening? And why do you HAVE to use such difficult ingredient names like fenugreek and arse0fartida ... or was it asafoetida??? Hmmm... I wonder what such complex names could cook up in the hands of a novice cook....

She makes this blogging mafia of hers, doesn't even work on the template (its literally a cherry) and she gets almost 6000 visitors already??????????? She has a fan club et al?????? No! This is not fair!!!

And worse, I get to see only the snaps. :(

Give me justice......

Ammmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!


************************************************************************************
Author's disclaimer:

Before any malicious comment is thrown out onto the public domain about how cooking is an art and one needs to actually practice it before writing about/criticising it, the author would like to state that recently due to dire need and sheer gastronomical desperation, he has learnt to cook and isn't as bad as the bangla boys . He makes it clear that the astronomical exaggerations and desperate attempt at humour is simply a nauseating effort to get back to blogging and trap some foodloggers too. This post is an outcome of sitting in the office at 2 AM and looking at photos on a sibling's blog. And ESPECIALLY this post.

Peace.


************************************************************************************


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone has turned to a dark shade of green! and someone has wasted precious time going through each post and not just that...each comment in the blog. I wouldnt be surprised if that someone has visited every blog in the long list, and not just that, has also bookmarked some recipes. By the by, if turnips find their way into the sambhar accidently, that becomes a post as it is. Is it not a unique dish;) of course, it would be acknowledged that it was not what was meant to be, but hey! this was good too and it may be worthwhile trying it out? Afterall was'nt penicillin discovered by accident?
p.s I recently received an email from somebody that said...
Amazing blog btw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Now, now, that's called Chillies...not cherries. I know, its confusing. Mebbe you shud read more food blogs.

Anonymous said...

If you think I have a fan club, I am not sure what you would say to so many other food blogs that I adore and wished mine was at least half as good as theirs.
p.s wish I knew how to customize my blog. ahem...so, you will do me a favour wont you dear b(r)other?

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the paintings and photographs sent as entries to the flower-fest blog? Appreciate the talent kiddo!

Psycho McCrazy said...

muhahahahahhahahahhahahhahaha

tera kuch nahi ho sakta sudu :P :P :P

and if u need blog hit stats, mere ko bol. poori raat ke liye tere blog ko auto refresh pe rakh deta hoon. 5 second interval itself will mean around 5700 new hits.

Anonymous said...

mast!
btw,me now cooks(and eats)rice,boiled eggs, and alu bhujia(which was good,a chinese guy can te(a)stify).:)

M (tread softly upon) said...

this was really a fun read. are you jealous? and that footnote you have there which states the reason for your learning to cook is the exact same reason I had quoted for the bong guys learning to put on the apron :)
Good to see you blogging again.

Sudarshan. A. G. said...

@hema+you-know-who: This affected you SO much taht you had to come here every 15-20 minutes to prove something??? tch tch tch... and read carefully I said 'salted turnips' u know... to remove water and all that? tch tch... Oh right... u had initially put cherries, now their chilies... u want help designing? atleast don't ask in sucha loving si(ni)sterly manner!

Wnat to see flowers... go to google images or riya.com!!!!

@Psycho: abe... that is vengence! I want JUSTICE! :)

@C-125: Hehe... you should read http://treadsoftlyupon.blogspot.com/2006/10/bong-men-cant-cook-unless-they-get.html ... :D

@M: I actually enjoy it! quite a bit, at that... and I am not in the US to miss indian food or seomthign! :)... and jealous?? hmmm... i don't know... :D

Anonymous said...

Hey, you just trapped a foodblogger :-) !! Got here from your comment on ur sisters blog !! Loved the post..your post that is..its is the exact same thing I get to hear from my Big B too..infact worse cos he doesnt even have a blog !!!

And your blog gets extra points cos it has Calvin n hobbes n not hot chillies :-P

Happy Deepavali !!

vishal anand said...

Suddu,
Your gastronomical desperations have become a part of the folk lore here and you are envious just because sumone cooks well . Dude , I am sure Surat has got to you and changed hamara pyaara Suddu.
By the way how much is one Gazzalion ?

Curiousmoron said...

Suddu,

Your appetite and your gormandizing capabilities is known to most of the villagers. How can I forget my sajjappam being emptied in a night by you and Varun?

Muhahahahaha..atlast you have got what you deserved! :D

AlterinG Abhishek said...

hahahaha
amazing dude!!!
u luckie guy..and thanks to Hema.. ( ur sis)

you have adouble advantange!!!
The food u get and the more importance you can get from her blog!!!
coz ur her bro!!

man!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha... i know that feeling! All you need to do is get into the fan club, man.. at least you'll be assured of some food! :D

Anonymous said...

Dei i dint have the patience to read the dozen paras uve written but did u say recipies???????????????

Dude show me the path to the holy grail ... whats ur siss' blog page???

There there uve got ur comment :p ... now whats the link???

(a pooor hungry grad student)

errr......

(a poor hungry grad student who cant cook) :p

Shrikrishna

Anonymous said...

awwww... cheer up sudu... thing is, u can never beat elder sisters at anything, they are always smarter :P (Since even i'm the elder sister i my family ;) )

Anonymous said...

Hmm... interesting stuff, must say.. elder sisters are the same everywhere...

Krishna Iyengar said...

hahahahhaa.. i need to buy a ticket to florida... didi!! here i come.. and... i will not only get to eat good food but also get to tell ananya stories of your childhood days.. muhahahaha..

Sudarshan. A. G. said...

@Priya: Ahaa... My evil plan is Workign... BUHAHAHAH

@Vishal: I have no problem with someone cooking well as long as it reaches my plate... get it???

@moron: Paarkaren da unne... Bugger!

@Abhishek: Nooooo... U didn't get the point. SHe's in FL, US. And i'm in Gujarat... I don't get any of that... I can't even falsely claim that its trash!! :((

@lee: That tho some senti will always do the trick ;-)

@shrikrishna: Saw that u got to the blog. Hope u can cook. And make a blog of it and keep posting. There is more of a 'market' there! :P

@Suju: Yeah right! Let them grow up a bit more. Phir dekhna...

@drumie: But still there is no cure... :P

@kitta: That is the best revenge I can get. Unleashing u in FL. And what childhood stories of mine will u tell a 1.5 year old? And my choldhood stories will mostly be our childhood stories... So apne pair(leg :P) pe khuladi?? tch tch tch...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.